Sunday, June 12, 2011

Progess at Home

We've made progress at home while waiting.  Scott's family threw us a large family shower on Thursday.  They are all so sweet and supportive.  I should tell you that he comes from a HUGE family.  Well, it is huge for me since I have one brother and only four cousins combined from both sides.  He is one of five children, and his dad had quite a few brothers and sisters.  Sometimes the cousins forget each others' names because there are quite a few!  We received car seats, beautiful outfits for all occasions, swimsuits, bathroom stuff, and lots of toys and books!  It was so fun to see everyone there and so happy.  They're already planning play dates with our kids!  I told them it would be a while to get to that point.  I remember how overwhelming it was to meet so many people at once.  I'll try to be considerate of my children.

This is a picture from the shower.  My newest niece (3 weeks) was sleeping in my arms, and my dear sweet nephew just wanted some attention.  He'll definitely be jealous when we get our kids, but I love him!

We have painted, trimmed, and sewn this week.  The room is painted and clean.  I have sewn the duvet covers.  You would not believe how hard it is to find matching boy and girl comforters.  There is nothing!  I decided to use my craftiness and love of sewing to come up with a solution.  My adorable husband not only went to dozens of places and searched online for comforters, but he went to 3 craft stores looking for material.  Finally, we spent over an hour at one cloth shop and found adorable matching fabric.  Nadia's duvet has flowers and stripes, and Damian's has bugs and stripes.   We saw Damian pick up bugs outside and squash them between his fingers which was quite strange!  I hope they love it as much as we do.  We plan on getting the furniture on Monday!  I can't wait to put away their clothes in their drawers and make their beds.  We'll post pictures.

I should have said we did have Magda translate a page of commands, requests, and praises.  I'm keeping a list of additional phrases to be translated.  I loved calling my kids good boy and good girl.  They would just look up and smile at me.  I tried to use positives every time I could.  I'm definitely a praiser because I LOVE to be praised myself.  My husband jokes that I always am happier cleaning if he tells me I'm doing a  good job!

 Here's a few more pictures.  We loved the swings!  Everyone loves Tata!
 We took so many pictures that he found a camera and started taking our picture.  He smiled everytime I said "CHEESE!"  It must be an American thing!
 The photo books were a BIG hit!  I would definitely recommend it.  Funny thing, their favorite pictures were of themselves.  I'm not sure they have seen a picture of themselves before.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures Tracy! Your kids are so adorable and so happy with you! Would you mind sending me the list of phrases you had Magda translate. I am working on a list to take with us and would love ideas on what to include. I too am big on praises for them. We leave on Father's Day for our first trip to meet our kids who are 6 and 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun shower! Beautiful pictures, everyone looks so happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of you with your daughter. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete